It’s August, and 2022 has already been a really strange year for video game releases, although the pandemic has been on the decline for a while now all over the world, we are now seeing the long-term effects in practice.
The turmoil of 2020 and 2021 has made its way home, and this has resulted in a number of notable delays from this year, and for long periods of time without any major releases. This has allowed some smaller games to shine (Stray! Cult of the Lamb!) but spending on games is on the decline and publishers hope this fall will turn things around. For some of them, at least.
From August to December, here are the release dates for the biggest games still to come in 2022 that could end up turning this game around, giving us more to work with along with Elden’s Ring, The West Forbidden Horizon And a bunch of others.
- August 11 – Aries worship (all platforms)
- August 12 – Spider-Man (PC)
- August 19 – Madden NFL 23 (all platforms)
- August 23 – Saints Row (all platforms)
- September 2 – The Last of Us Part 1 remake (PS5)
- September 9 – NBA 2K23 (all platforms)
- September 9 – Splatoon 3 (Switch)
- September 29 – Valkyrie Elysium (PS4, PS5)
- October 4 – Overwatch 2 (all platforms)
- October 7 – Marvel’s Midnight Suns (all platforms)
- October 18 – A Plague Tale: Requiem (PS5, Series X/S, Switch, PC)
- October 20 – Mario + Rapids Sparks of Hope (Switch)
- October 21 – Persona 5 Royal (all platforms remaining)
- Oct 21 – Scorn (Xbox, PC)
- October 25 – Gotham Knights (PS5, Series X/S, PC)
- October 28 – Bayonetta 3 (Switch)
- October 28 – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (all platforms)
- November 8 – Skull and Bones (PS5, Series X/S, Stadia, PC)
- November 9 – God of War: Ragnarok (PS5, PS4)
- November 18 – Pokemon Scarlett/Purple (Switch)
- December 2 – Callisto Protocol (all platforms)
One game that came out frequently this fall, to end this list, is Hogwarts Legacy, the major Harry Potter RPG. But as of now, it’s still listed as December 2022. Recent leaks say it’s December 6th, but it remains one of the only big games coming out this fall/holiday without an exact date. I don’t think delaying is impossible, but we’ll have to see.
As for everything else, you can see that the busiest month in the next five is October, which has the most “big” games overall, including what will undoubtedly be a huge hit, Modern Warfare II, the only thing that can That hopes to challenge Elden Ring sales numbers. This calendar is missing the big Xbox exclusives that were supposed to be in this window, Redfall and Starfield, that were pushed back to early 2023.
So which of these will you definitely pick up?
#Biggest #video #game #release #dates #fall #pretty #barren #year #Forbes